We Have Experience Handling Juvenile Family Law Matters
Issues involving children often are handled in juvenile court in Tennessee. If you are facing a case that involves your child in juvenile court, it is important that you have an experienced lawyer on your side who can protect your rights.
At Parker and LaDuke, our attorneys are dedicated advocates who focus on helping you achieve your goals and obtaining the best possible outcome. We take the time to understand your challenges and research the best possible approach to resolving it.
What Kind Of Issues End Up In Juvenile Court?
A significant part of the caseload of a juvenile court focuses on ensuring the health and welfare of the child in question. A child can be considered dependent and neglected in a range of situations where there is a violation of parental or guardian responsibilities, including:
- Parent or guardian is absent or missing
- Parent or guardian is unfit to care for the child
- The child is unlawfully kept out of school
- Parent or guardian refuses proper medical care
- Child is living in an environment that is dangerous or unlawful
Other legal issues that have an impact on minors that are adjudicated in juvenile court can include:
- Treatment or commitment of a juvenile with a mental illness or developmental delay
- Guardianship of a child or adolescent
- Judicial consent to marriage of an underage person
- Termination of parental rights or guardianship rights
Juvenile Delinquency Issues
The juvenile courts also maintain a teen court that oversees matters such as alleged criminal offenses, including assault, shoplifting, vandalism, forgery, disorderly conduct, harassment, traffic tickets, runaways, truancy, curfew violations and some drug offenses. Some juvenile delinquency cases involving certain types of crimes may be transferred to other courts to prosecute the juvenile as an adult.
Get Sound Legal Advice On Your Juvenile Family Law Matter Today
Do not delay when young lives are in danger. Call our office in Knoxville at 865-888-5707 for a consultation, or email us to set up an appointment.
We offer flexible payment plans, accept major credit cards and can set up an appointment to suit your schedule.